background

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Block Party

Let me start of by saying, I'm not really creative. I have an immense appreciation for those who can dream up ideas and create something unique.. but I am not one of those people. I like DIY crafts, and knitting, crocheting, etc. however, everything I make is really just a copy of someone else's idea.

So, when I was browsing on zulily a couple of weeks ago, I saw these blocks for sale for the bargain ridiculous price of $6.99 a block. I understand most people probably use them for decoration only, and order a handful of blocks.. but I thought they were adorable and way more memorable, unique, and better looking than regular alphabet blocks.

Normally I just would move on with life and forget the blocks.. but for some reason I really kept thinking that I should try to make them!

 I went to hobby lobby and found some of these 2" plain wooden cubes for $1 each.. so I emptied the shelf of the {10} blocks that they had and set out to make Sebastian some awesome wooden blocks that  he will probably never appreciate all the effort that I am putting into them.. but .. oh well. (:

Having a cricut made this project pretty easy, I bought some pretty scrapbooking cardstock, had the cricut cut perfect 2"*2" squares, and simply modgepodged it onto the cube! The cricut also cut out the letters for the face of the block. Basically this turned into an 'anybody can do it' project.. which is great for me! However, I am so happy with the finished product, and plan on returning to Hobby Lobby in a couple of weeks to empty out their stock of blocks again. (:


Total project cost me $15! Wahoo for saving money!

No comments:

Post a Comment